Chocolate muffins recipe
- 2 medium eggs
- 125 ml vegetable oil
- 250ml milk
- 250g sugar
- 400g flour
- 3 tsp of baking powder
- salt to taste (½ tsp)
- 2 tbsp of cocoa powder
- 100g chocolate chips
- x2 muffin trays either greased or with paper muffin cases
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas mark 6. Line 2 muffin trays with paper muffin cases. In a large bowl beat 2 medium eggs lightly with a handheld electric mixer for 1 min.
- Add the vegetable oil and milk and beat until just combined then add the sugar and cocoa and whisk until you have a smooth batter.
- Sift the flour, salt and baking powder then mix until just smooth. Be careful not to over-mix the batter as this will make the muffins tough.
- Stir in the chocolate chips
- Fill the muffin cases two-thirds full and bake for 20-25 mins, until risen and firm to the touch and a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. If the trays will not fit on 1 shelf, swap the shelves around after 15 mins of cooking.
- Leave the muffins in the tin to cool for a few mins and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cool serve with a nice pot of tea.
Use vanilla essence top with chocolate fondant icing, sprinkles or icing sugar